Every business is a service business.

We apply the tools that make service businesses stronger through better strategy, innovation, marketing and day-to-day management.

Thank you for joining the conversation.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Compete Through Service Symposium: Guest Post by Sybil Stershic

Today's guest post comes from Sybil Stershic, author of the Quality Service Marketing blog and the tremendous book "Taking Care of the People Who Matter Most".  Sybil's business focus is on using internal marketing and communications to engage employees and positively impact employee satisfaction and customer retention.  I'd been following Sybil's work for awhile without knowing that we covered some of the same ground at Compete Through Service Symposium, and we were able to finally connect in person at last year's event. Unfortunately, Sybil is not attending this year, but she gave Service Encounters her thoughts on what she's missing.

With my entire career in services marketing, I consider The Center for Service Leadership’s Annual Compete Through Service Symposium to be THE best gathering of professionals who come together to share ideas, best practices, leading-edge research, and current and future issues in services marketing and management.

My professional passion is engaging employees and customers with internal marketing, and the Symposium is a meaningful source of insight on employee and customer focus, workplace culture, the customer experience and services leadership. In addition to services marketers and managers, the Symposium also attracts executives from product-oriented companies interested in becoming more service-oriented.

Although I haven’t been able to attend each Symposium, I’ve been following the program since its early days. Back then several staff members from the Center for Services Leadership and AVNET, a program sponsor, published follow-up summaries of conference ideas and takeaway questions for application. I’ve got several editions ranging from 1997 to 2005 in my office library … and still refer to them.

The good news is Symposium summaries from 2002 to 2006 can be downloaded online for free!

If you’re unable to get to this year’s program, I highly recommend you include it in your          professional development budget for next year.

I'll be blogging and live tweeting the 2011 Compete Through Service Sympsosium Wednesday through Friday of next week.  Follow me on Twitter to see more from this tremendous event.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!

I was wondering if you’d be interested in sharing your articles with other like-minded 'loyalty' bloggers? If yes, please email me with loyalty in the subject line.

I am starting a Loyalty community with bloggers who focus on customer engagement, relationship, loyalty and rewards. Feel free to email with questions!

Thanks,
SL

columbuspetfence said...

nice..

Im so lucky to click this post I learned a lo and enjoyed my reading
thanks for posting dear

MMI Marketing said...

Indeed it is awesome post.I am impressed from this post.Can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.



Thanks for more info........






MMI Marketing Company

Anonymous said...

Sudah seru, odds nya menguntungkan lagi!!. itulah permainan sabung ayam online di www.ayamkari.co
Dapatkan informasi penting dalam dunia sabung ayam di website bawah ini
http://judicockfight.emyspot.com/blog/mengetahui-ciri-ciriistik-serta-karakter-ayam-peruvian.html

Bakar Ayam Marketing said...

* LETS JOIN AND FEEL SENSATION TO PLAY *

S128

S128 Live

S128.Net

Sabung Ayam

Sabung Ayam Bali

Sabung Ayam Online Terpercaya

* VISIT OUR SITE AT *

www.gorengayam.net


* ONLY HERE YOU CAN FEEL CONTINUOUS VICTORY *

http://bakarayammarketing.blogspot.com/2018/09/ciri-unik-ayam-bangkok-hitam-yang-kokoh.html

Read Best said...

Nice Blog and I have read it more times... everyone should share with friends and family...Thanks again sir... please check my blog..

आजचे सोयाबीन बाजार भाव
आजचे कापूस बाजार भाव
आजचे हरभरा बाजार भाव

Unknown said...

loksatta.news